Want to have a little fun with your team on Valentine’s Day?
Here is a simple and fun QuickConnect icebreaker for Valentines Day you can do with your team in less than 10 minutes.
1. Divide your team into groups of 2-3 people.
2. Each group randomly draws 10 candy hearts (be sure their hearts have different sayings). NOTE: You may want to go through and pull out anything that may seem inappropriate for a work team, such as “Marry me?” or “kiss.”
3. Explain the rules:
4. If the group seems confused, share this example with them:
Dearest Sales Team,
My “heart beat”s fast when I think of all the work we accomplish. Please “email me” if there is anything I can do to help you. Let’s work hard so we can “be good” and do good for our customers. “I wonder” what amazing things our customer’s will say about us this year? “It’s true,” I want to be on this team “forever” because we have such a “good time”!
Ben, Thomas and Laticia
5. Give them three minutes to write a love letter to the team, with a goal of using all of their hearts.
6. When time is up, someone from each team should read aloud their love letter (with drama and enthusiasm).
7. (Optional) Award prizes to the winning team(s).
8. Eat the remaining candy during your meeting. 😊
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE
Thank you for signing up with Better Teams. We promise to send you useful and interesting team building activities and resources.