Question Your Team's Health
It’s important to periodically assess your team’s health, just like we need to do this individually. We need to become aware of what is working and where are the opportunities to improve.
The Better Teams Model provides a proven, simple, and highly effective framework to assess a team about five core areas and fifteen characteristics.
You can use these questions to assess how your team is doing. Then, if you want to thoroughly assess the team and develop metrics for these areas, you can use the Better Teams Assessment.
- Does the team communicate effectively?
- Is the team proactive and strategic?
- Is the team accountable to others?
- Is the team aligned around their vision and goals?
- Does the team understand and agree about roles and responsibilities?
- Does that team have clearly defined methods and processes?
- Does the team have the tools, technology, resources, and information needed for success?
- Do team members have the right skills and experiences to fulfill their roles?
- Is the team adaptive and flexible when changes occur?
- Do team members care about each other personally and professionally?
- Is the team engaged and excited about the work?
- Are team members fulfilled by the purpose of their work?
- Is the team able to have candid conversations about tough issues?
- Is the team willing to be vulnerable with each other and ask for help?
- Does the team collaborate and rely on each other regularly?
This comprehensive Better Teams framework will allow you to assess all aspects of the team so you can work to build a happy and high-performing team.
Regularly assessing a team to determine strengths and weaknesses is important. Using these questions and the Better Teams Model as a framework, you can assess all important aspects of team dynamics.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE