Sometimes the best way to overcome a stressful situation is to find humor in it. If your team has had a rough day, week, or year, a planned and humorous drama “experience” might just be the fix!
Because the average person is only average when it comes to acting, this dramatic team event is sure to be hilarious.
This team building activity requires some creativity - and courage too - so it works best when you can divide your team into groups of 3-4 people. Ideally, you have at least three sub-teams, so you’ll have variety in your dramatic productions.
- Decide what event or time frame you want them to dramatize.
- Divide the group into sub-teams of 3-4 people.
- Ask each sub-team to select a drama category from a hat. (Examples: Action, Mystery, Thriller, Comedy, Drama, Horror, Fantasy, etc.)
- Give each sub-team 15 minutes to create a 2-minute production.
- Pass out the popcorn and enjoy the show.
I can almost guarantee that your team will be laughing and will have reframed a bad or frustrating experience into something they can now look at with fresh eyes. Plus, they will be in a better mood and more ready to move forward.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE