Virtual Happy Hour Ideas to Do with Your Team
Last night I participated in a fun virtual happy hour with a group of leaders who had all gone through a leadership program together. One of the leaders invited us to a wreath making party and we all built our wreaths from our own homes together on Zoom.
There were several things about this that thrilled me:
- It was a unique experience and one I looked forward to for weeks.
- It gave us something to do while we visited casually on Zoom.
- It only took an hour.
- I now have a beautiful wreath that reminds me of this group of women.
The company they used was Alice’s Table. (I am not affiliated with this company in any way.) And, they have many other options behind wreath making including making a charcuterie board and cooking classes.
- Collect addresses and have the kits mailed to the participants of your event.
- Schedule the event.
- Show up and have fun. A facilitator will guide your group through the activity.
Here is the kit that arrived in the mail:
Here are some more fun happy hour ideas to host a special virtual event:
- If your budget is tight, create your own activity and ask everyone to purchase their own supplies. Perhaps you all make a cocktail or a simple recipe together.
- Check out this blog with 7 more ideas for a fun holiday virtual Happy Hour.
- Do this in the middle of the day or at the end of your regular meeting. You could use this to celebrate a milestone, a birthday, a holiday or simply to bond the team and demonstrate your appreciation.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and the Forward, community, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE