Step into the spotlight! In this creative and introspective team-building activity, "Your Personal Netflix Original," ask your team to explore how they perceive their lives and identities using the metaphor of a Netflix show. From genre selection to casting decisions and plot developments, they’ll get to create, describe, and share their very own Netflix Original Series based on their life.
- Explain that they will each have 10 minutes to develop a draft of their own Netflix Original. (Or have them do this as pre-work to save time in your meeting).
- Ask them to be prepared to share the following elements of their own show:
- Genre Selection
- Reflect on your life and its various aspects: personal, professional, and everything in between. Choose a genre for your Netflix show: Drama, Comedy, Horror, Rom-Com, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or any other genre that you think fits your life best.
- Casting Call
- Imagine your life as a TV show. Who would you want to play your character? This can be any actor or actress, regardless of their resemblance to you. Consider their acting style and the characters they've played before.
- Pilot Episode
- Plot the first episode or even the whole first season. What significant events would you include? How would they unfold, and what kind of impact would they have on your character?
- Show Title
- Come up with a catchy title for your Netflix Original. This should capture the essence of your life and the tone of your series.
- Genre Selection
Remember, this activity is all about fostering understanding and empathy in a creative, engaging way. As the team learns about each other's "shows," they will gain new insights into their teammates' lives and experiences.
In the "Your Personal Netflix Original" team building activity, your team will creatively share their stories in a fun, unique way. This activity is not just an exercise in creativity, but also an avenue to deepen understanding, empathy, and connection on the team.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Are you looking for a community of team building coaches and facilitators?
Join the Better Teams Community - FORWARD, and learn, share, and practice with some of the most experienced coaches and facilitators in the field. As a member, you'll have access to a wealth of knowledge, resources, and opportunities to grow your team building business. Don't miss out on this opportunity to grow and develop with the best. JOIN or LEARN MORE!