Tuesday, November 29 is Giving Tuesday, a movement designed to encourage and unleash extreme generosity. People are encouraged to give back in whatever ways they desire.
Some ideas from the Giving Tuesday organization include:
- Donating food
- Donating blood
- Donating time - volunteer at a food bank or animal shelter
- Pay it forward - pay for the next person in line, leave a gift card for gas on the pump, or leave a great online review for a business you love
- Give your voice - post about your favorite cause or contact your elected officials about causes that matter to you
- Write a nice comment on someone’s social media post
- Help your neighbors - bring in their trash can, walk their dog, or mow their lawn
- Clean up your neighborhood or local park
Below is a team building activity designed in the spirit of Giving Tuesday.
- Ask everyone to come to the team meeting with two ideas that the team could do to give back to your community. At least one of these ideas should require little to no budget.
- Share all of the ideas.
- Collectively agree on one idea.
- Develop a plan to follow through on your team giving project.
- Schedule it and reap the benefits of giving back as a team.
Collaborating on a way to give back is not only good for those you serve, it’s also an excellent bonding activity for your team. You’ll create positive memories while contributing to the community you work in.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE