Enjoy a recap of the top 10 team building activities produced by Better Teams in 2020. While we didn’t start the year with virtual team activities, by April, every activity was designed for remote teams, as most of the world was social distancing.
We’ve pulled the ones you all liked the most so you can have them in one place. They can all be adapted for in-person events too.
Hoping you find a few that you will try with your team.
Top Virtual Team Activities from 2020:
- Energize Your Online Meeting with this Activity - a quick, fun, and energizing way to learn about your colleagues.
- Team Building Activity to Build Trust: Four Seasons – Build trust and begin new conversations with your team members by using the seasons as metaphors. This one includes a slide you can use.
- A Productive Meeting Capstone Activity - Learn from the past and plan for the future in this simple reflective activity that can be done individually or collectively as a team.
- Team Building Activity: 11 Stones to Get Teams Talking – Engage your team with this image of 11 stones with words, ask them to choose one, and tell the team why they picked it. This one comes with a slide.
- Team Building Activity for Trust: Walk in My Shoes - Build trust with each other as team members gain understanding and empathize with each other.
- A Virtual Team Ice Breaker About Hope - We all need some hope. Using annotation tools, each team member expresses their hope for their year, their team, or a project.
- Hat's Off to this Virtual Team Activity – Have a little fun and laugh as team members are invited to wear funny hats to the meeting.
- Activity: How is Your Team Surviving the Quarantine – Gather creatively made photos from each team member that allow them to express how they are surviving the quarantine.
- 1-2-4 or 1-3-6 - Get your team moving and talking
- Virtual Happy Hour Idea for Team Building - Fun and refreshing activity to strengthen your team.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE