Taking time to facilitate team activities and icebreakers is important to develop a sense of community. Especially in a world where many are working remotely, we need casual and personal interactions to build relationships and trust with each other.
At Better Teams, we work hard to provide you with a variety of free team building activities that are easy to adapt and use. Whether you are a team building professional or a leader, you’ll be able to use these with your team.
Here are the top 10 team building activities posted in 2021:
- I am, but I am Not - An icebreaker to prepare a team to discuss inclusion or bias
- Disney’s Creative Process - A three-step process to guide a team to brainstorm new ideas
- Heroes that Inspire You - An icebreaker to indirectly learn about the values of your team members
- 7 Questions to Ask at the Beginning of a Team Meeting - Questions to check in with your team in the first 10 minutes of a meeting
- Lines That Make Me Laugh - Sharing lines from shows or books that make you laugh
- Mix and Match Quotes - A challenging and funny game to play with your team
- The Stages of a Team - Discuss as a team what stage you are in
- Sharing Life Lessons - A humorous way to learn about your team members
- Self-Reflection - Get your team to reflect on takeaways and more at the end of a meeting
- Align on Roles & Responsibilities - Use the RACI method to get aligned on who is doing what
If you want more activities, check out our blogs and be sure to sign up so you’ll get the new activities coming in 2022.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and the Forward, community, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE