Jack-o-lantern Carving Contest – Team Building Activity
Here’s a team building exercise named Jack-o-lantern carving contest you can do with your remote or in-person team this fall.
‘Tis October’, and where I live pumpkins abound. They are used to decorate, make pumpkin pie, or carve out jack-o-lanterns. Have some fun with a jack-o-lantern carving contest.
In this team building activity:
- Divide your team up into small groups of 2-3 people.
- Give them 30 minutes to carve a jack-o-lantern.
- When the time is up, share your jack-o-lanterns and celebrate with some seasonal snacks (pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, or pumpkin seeds).
To add some energy:
- Make it a contest.
- Give prizes for the most creative, most unusual, ugliest, or scariest.
- Consider a pumpkin related prize such as; a gift card to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte or a Pumpkin Scented Candle.
- 1 large pumpkin for each team
- Carving knives
- 1 candle for each pumpkin
- Plastic tablecloths
Here are 2 Remote Team Versions:
1. Ask each person to carve a pumpkin and bring it to the team meeting to show off their creativity via video. Encourage them to involve family members or friends to help them.
2. Divide your team into groups of 2-3 people and put them into a breakout room. Give them 3 minutes to draw their best jack-o-lantern using the drawing tools.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and the Forward, community, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE