Your Team's Values Using Mythical Creatures
Teams united around a common mission, goals and values are unstoppable. Symbols and imagery used to symbolize the values and ways of being for a team create a reminder to act in ways that support them. Creating a mythical or fantastical creature as a team is a fun way to reinforce the team’s values.
This team activity involves thinking and creativity. Team members identify the core values and create a hybrid creature that represents the team. This creative and challenging activity results in a unique mythical beast that can be posted on the wall, a coffee mug or t-shirt to reinforce the shared values of the team.
- Identify the desired core values of the team (choose 2-4). If there are more than four choose the top four.
- Consider each of the values and list the behaviors that support them.
- For each value and set of behaviors choose an animal that represents that.
- Determine how to combine the animals into one mythical creature.
- Draw a visual of this animal.
- Name your mythical creature.
- Decide where to post it as a reminder to the team.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE