Looking for a fun way to connect with your team this summer? Ice cream can be a delicious way to reward your team and create a fun memory together. You can keep it simple and just provide ice cream during a meeting or try one of the ice cream activities below.
National Ice Cream Day is a Real Thing
Did you know that the 3rd Sunday in July was deemed National Ice Cream Day by President Ronald Reagan in 1984? Sounds like a good excuse to me to enjoy ice cream with your team.
Team Activities with an Ice Cream Theme
- Ask everyone to bring in their favorite ice cream topping orr ask them to tell you what they like and you bring it for them. Then, set up an Ice Cream Bar with different flavors of ice cream and the toppings and enjoy making sundaes and eating them together.
- Buy 5 unusual flavors of ice cream and have a blind taste test to see who can guess the flavors correctly.
- Make homemade ice cream together one morning at work and eat it after lunch. Try this Ice cream in a Bag recipe – it is fun!
- Set up an Ice Cream Contest by dividing into sub-teams and holding a competition to see which team makes the best flavor.
- Take a field trip to a local ice cream parlor or restaurant that serves milkshakes or custard and enjoy a meal or snack together.
- Host an ice cream social for another team in your organization or for your clients as a fun way to show your appreciation and to network
If anyone on the team doesn’t like ice cream or can’t eat it, have sherbet or popsicles for them.
The little things in life such as; communing over ice cream can brighten up our days and it can create a space to connect with others and make fun memories together.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE