Fun Thanksgiving Icebreaker For Your Remote Team
If you live in the United States and celebrate Thanksgiving, then this will be a fun icebreaker to do with your remote team. If your team does not celebrate Thanksgiving, you could tie this to another holiday where it is common to share a meal with others.
Simply share the image below and ask people “Which image best represents your Thanksgiving meal?”
If you have a lot of time, ask each person to explain. If not, you can just do a quick poll or ask them to raise their hands. Either way, you are bound to get some laughs and smiles as people think about this meal. Also, how they prepare (or order in) the food for this special occasion.
1. Post the image.
2. Ask everyone, “Which image best represents your Thanksgiving meal?”
3. Determine how you will ask them to report out (depending on the size of the team and time for the activity):
- Round Robin, go around and ask each person to share.
- Annotate on the picture. Using the Annotation tools, ask each person to “stamp” or mark the picture of their choice.
- Create a poll and ask people to select their answers.
Enjoy this quick icebreaker with your remote team near Thanksgiving or any holiday where it is common to have a special meal together.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE