Word-find puzzles are a simple and fun way to add engagement to an online team meetings or training class. It will require annotation tools to do it effectively.
Here are three ways you could incorporate this team building engagement into your online session:
- Use as a test/review during your online training class.
- Upload the puzzle to chat.
- Let everyone download it.
- Send them into breakout rooms where one person shares their screen and uses annotation tools to find as many words as possible before the breakout rooms are closed.
- When they return to the main room, see which teams found the most words.
- Share the word-find on a slide as people are entering the meeting early for a sound/video check. Invite people to complete the wordfind using annotation. Be sure to use words related to the meeting.
- Share the word-find on a slide during a meeting break for those who come back early and consider offering points or prizes for whoever finds the most words.
- Email or post the word-find document in chat and ask everyone to print and complete it independently.
- Think about a theme for your word-find that relates to your meeting or training.
- Come up with a list of 10-20 words that connect to your theme.
- Find a free word-find puzzle maker online and create your puzzle.
- Screenshot the puzzle and cut and paste it onto a slide.
- Type the words beside the puzzle on the slide.
- Create a second slide where the words are highlighted so they can see all the answers.
Here is a sample worksheet and answer sheet created for free on www.superteacherworksheets.com.
Sample Answer Sheet:
Here is a Sample Slide:
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE