Mocktails Contest to Delight Your Team
Manifest some fun team memories and bonding while drinking delicious mocktails together.
Imagine you are sitting on the beach with a delicious drink in your hand, the kind with a cute little umbrella. Imagine bringing this same sense of cheer and delight to energize your team, while also creating an opportunity to give each other words of encouragement!
While your team may not be able to visit the beach together, you can have some fun with this team building exercise competing to see who can make the best mocktails.
This contest would be fun to do after hours or even over lunch.
- Purchase a variety of mixers, fruits, ice, and garnishes.
Here is a starting grocery list:
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Tonic Water
- Soda (several flavors)
- Half and Half
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Fresh Herbs
- Plastic Stirrers
- Divide into small teams of 3-4 people.
- Give the teams 15-20 minutes to create and name a delicious cocktail.
- Each team will make one glass for the look and one pitcher so that everyone can have a little taste.
- When the time is up, invite your judges, or allow the team to pick their favorites (they can’t choose their own).
- Enjoy the mocktails and give each other toasts of encouragement.
The week before the event, ask the teams to create a recipe and provide you with a list of ingredients to supply for them. The teams will need to meet together and plan in advance what they will make.
Possible prizes for the “look”:
- Most tempting
- Most creative
- Most festive
- Most colorful
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE