Did you know this is one of the most unhappy times in modern history? Yikes!
Our mental health is critical to our well-being and a driver of success in our work. At a time when so many people are exhausted and stressed, it’s important to identify ways to support the mental health of our team members.
October 10 is Mental Health Day. Here are some fun and simple ways to celebrate this day and encourage your team to focus on their own well-being.
- As a team, do something to get the endorphins flowing. Go on a hike, do yoga, kayak, play pickleball, or go to a batting cage and hit some balls.
- Find out what each person likes to do to de-stress and encourage them to do this.
- Look into mental health services offered by your organization and be sure the team is aware of how to sign up.
- Invite a speaker to talk on the topic of well-being, happiness, or stress management.
- Take a half day and go do something fun together.
- Give everyone a journal.
- Create a team music playlist of upbeat music and play it while you eat lunch together.
- Go to a cooking class together and then enjoy your meal.
- Spend time figuring out how to eliminate, delegate or automate stressful tasks.
- Allow the team to come in late or leave early.
Small actions and activities can have a positive impact, especially when practiced regularly. Let’s be part of positive change by proactively improving our mental health together, as a team.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, Team Consultant Academy, and FORWARD, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE