Taco ‘bout Tuesday with Your Team
Who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday? Here is a fun way to integrate the theme of Taco Tuesday with a team building activity.
Simply incorporate the theme “Taco ‘bout Tuesday” into a meeting planned on Tuesday (of course!). You’ll need to decide what you want people to “taco ‘bout” and then plan your meeting or meal accordingly.
Below are some ideas you can integrate into your Taco ‘bout Tuesday:
- Determine what you want the team to ”taco ‘bout” (AKA: talk about). Consider the following topics:
- A hot topic for your team
- Celebrating each other
- Building relationships – try one of these 18 icebreaker questions
- Pick a Tuesday and a time and send out invites.
- Order tacos!
- If in-person, order tacos and chips from a local restaurant or go to a Mexican restaurant together for lunch or Happy Hour.
- If remote, invite people to order delivery from a local restaurant and expense the meal.
- Play festive music as people arrive.
Taco ‘Bout Tuesday allows you to put an existing new twist on your team meeting, encouraging creativity and active engagement. Teams need to have fun while working hard and Taco ‘bout Tuesday provides that opportunity.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and the Forward, community, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE