Team Building Activity: Ways You Can Make a Difference
As the year wears on, I’m hearing of more people who are really struggling. There are many reasons why some people are struggling more during this pandemic than others. However, if we all will reach out to just one person in our lives who is struggling in an attempt to connect and support them, think of the ripple effect that can occur. In this blog, I want to share eight ways you can make a difference.
I don’t want to harp on all the reasons why so many people are anxious or depressed, but instead, I’d rather focus on how we can help each other.
I invite you to proactively seek to be a positive source for people in your life who may need extra support.
In just minutes you might make a difference in the life of someone who needs some tender loving care.
Consider people in your life who:
- Live alone.
- Have lost income.
- Are single parents.
- Are in professions of service (teachers, doctors, nurses, police, fireman, military, etc.).
- Are working from home in less than ideal situations.
- Are ill or taking care of someone who is ill.
- Are grieving someone or something.
Reach out to someone who you believe would appreciate your attempt to support them. Here are eight ways you can make a difference:
- Call them to check in on them.
- Send them a care package in the mail.
- Schedule a socially distanced meal with them.
- Invite them to a Zoom Happy Hour.
- Text them a photo from the past of a happy memory with them.
- Let someone know how important they are to you.
- Mail them a letter or a card with a handwritten note.
- Bring them a meal.
Let’s work together to make the world a better place. Little actions can go a long way.
I challenge you to think of at least one person who you can reach out to today. Let us all be a force for good in the world. 😊
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE