Inspiring Ways to Connect Your Team Using Quotes
Quotes can inspire, encourage, and intrigue us. They can also make us laugh or cry. Some resonate with us more than others because they reflect our values and beliefs. This is why sharing inspiring quotes with a team is an interesting way to get to know each other.
Ways you can share engaging quotes to connect your team:
- Ask everyone to share an inspirational quote and then tell what it is about that quote that evokes inspiration.
- Ask the team to find a quote about a specific topic that is relevant to the team at the time. For example, a sales team might find quotes about selling, or a team that is experiencing a lot of change might look for quotes about change.
- Ask the team to share influencing quotes that make them laugh to add a little energy and fun to a dry meeting.
- Create a “Quote Wall” either on a wall in the office or a virtual wall where team members can share quotes and comment on them.
- Capture funny quotes from your meetings by assigning a quotarian.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes (notice that many come from childhood books and characters - what does that say about me?) 😊:
- “Get into the habit of asking yourself, ‘Does this support the life I am trying to create.’” - Author Unknown
- “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’” - Mr. Rogers
- “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
- “You’re mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are." - Alice in Wonderland
Sharing inspiring quotes in various ways is a way to connect teams and learn more about what team members value and believe.
About the Author: Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams and Forward, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field. Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are happy and high-performing.
Learn. Share. Practice. Move FORWARD. Join the Better Teams community, FORWARD, to network and grow with some of the most experienced professionals in the field of team building and facilitation. LEARN MORE