Want to have a little fun with your team on Valentine’s Day?
Here is a simple and fun QuickConnect (icebreaker) you can do with your team in less than 10 minutes.
- Candy conversation hearts (I used Brach’s® Large Conversation Hearts)
- Paper and pens
- (Optional) prizes for the winning group
- A good sense of humor
1. Divide your team into groups of 2-3 people.
2. Each group randomly draws 10 candy hearts (be sure their hearts have different sayings). NOTE: You may want to go through and pull out anything that may seem inappropriate for a work team, such as “Marry me?” or “kiss.”
3. Explain the rules:
- Your group has 3 minutes to write a love letter to the team.
- Your letter must begin “Dearest (name of your team)” and end “Your truly” (signed by everyone in that group).
- You must use the words on the hearts in a sentence.
- You can use more than one heart in a sentence.
- The words on the heart can be at the beginning, middle or end of the sentence.
- The group who uses the most conversation hearts will win. (If there is a tie, the team will vote on their favorite love letter.)
4. If the group seems confused, share this example with them:
Dearest Sales Team,
My “heart beat”s fast when I think of all the work we accomplish. Please “email me” if there is anything I can do to help you. Let’s work hard so we can “be good” and do good for our customers. “I wonder” what amazing things our customer’s will say about us this year? “It’s true,” I want to be on this team “forever” because we have such a “good time”!
Ben, Thomas and Laticia
5. Give them three minutes to write a love letter to the team, with a goal of using all of their hearts.
6. When time is up, someone from each team should read aloud their love letter (with drama and enthusiasm).
7. (Optional) Award prizes to the winning team(s).
8. Eat the remaining candy during your meeting. 😊
About the Author:Leigh Ann Rodgers, Founder of Better Teams, is an IAF Certified Professional Facilitator with 20 years of experience in the human development field, Leigh Ann is a skilled meeting facilitator, trainer, and coach working across the globe to help leaders cultivate teams that are highly productive and positive. Learn about her Better Teams Model and Team Assessment here.
Team Consultants... sign up for more FREE team activities, tools & resources!
You'll get 5 videos with team activities PLUS a new exercise or resource every week!